CJ ads

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Notoriously Morbid- A Murder Of Crows Collection

Blogger Discount/Black Friday


Hi Everyone!

I only made one Black Friday order this year and Notoriously Morbid was it! At first I wasn't going to get the A Murder of Crows collection because I didn't see the swatches, but once I saw them on the website, I NEEDED them. Of course I swooped in on the first go around and picked them up. 

I just got my order on the 17th, which didn't seem like a long wait at all. I picked up a couple of other samples from the permanent line and a Krampus Kisser. In my A Murder Of Crows collection I received a 30% discount for a year! Yay! Along with a black feather which was a nice added touch. All of these applied like a dream. No patchiness and it was easy to blend. I'd like to add though, that the square jars are extremely messy. The problem has been addressed with Carrie (owner) and she will not be using them ever again. They were just a one time thing. You're going to need to store these upright for sure or you'll have a messy time on your hands.

I decided to do the swatches as line swatches this time because I didn't like the way the circle swatches were coming out. I did these over ELF Glitter Primer and NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone. Some colors look a little different over the bases so I wanted to give you an idea of how they'd look over a sticky base and a primer. The top swatch will be over ELF Glitter Primer and the bottom swatch will be over NYX Eyeshadow Base.


This is after I tried cleaning them up the best I could. There's still a little bit of eyeshadow around the jar lid, but it's fine for me.


Over ELF Glitter Primer
Over NYX Eyeshadow Base
Nothing Is Trivial- "A light wash of golden illumination in a metallic finish. **Vegan**Not Lip Safe"


Over ELF Glitter Primer
Over NYX Eyeshadow Base
Degrees of Death and Virtue- "This shadow is a blackened teal with green and blue shimmers. **Not Vegan*** Not Lip Safe"

Over ELF Glitter Primer
Over NYX Eyeshadow Base
Thirty Hours of Pain- "A deep, smoky plum with scattered red shimmer in a semi matte finish. **Vegan***Not Lip Safe"

Over ELF Glitter Primer
Over NYX Eyeshadow Base
 It Can't Rain All The Time- "An iris purple with green hue and teal blue shift.
**Not Vegan***Not Lip Safe"

Over ELF Glitter Primer
Over NYX Eyeshadow Base
 Battalions of Sorrow- "A dusty white with subtle shimmer in semi matte finish.
**Vegan***Lip Safe"
NOTE: The description says a dusty white, but from my photos, it's a dusty rose nude sort of color. Not that I mind, I actually really love this color!

All over ELF Glitter Primer. From L to R: Nothing Is Trivial, Degrees of Death and Virtue, Thirty Hours of Pain, It Can't Rain All The Time and Battalions of Sorrow

I REALLY love this collection! I'm so glad I picked it up. If you couldn't tell by now, this collection is inspired by the movie The Crow, which I'll be honest, I've never seen. I should probably watch it and catch up with the times (even though it was released when I was 3 years old lol). This collection was limited edition (sorry everyone!) and I'm not sure they'll be any overstock, but if there is, it will probably be extremely limited. Just keep an eye on the website!

If you'd like to read any of the ingredients, you can find them HERE.

~Emily

 

No comments:

Post a Comment